Home Page of Kenneth Lafferty Hess
I play a variety of roles in life: engineer, entrepreneur, educator, philanthropist, and author. And, no matter which of those hats I'm wearing it's my nature to create and build something new, be it an original product, solution, or organization.
- During the 1980's I founded Banner Blue Software to develop a specialized business graphics program, Org Plus, which is still actively upgraded and sold today.
- During the 1990's I popularized computer genealogy by designing, developing, and selling the Family Tree Maker product line which has sold millions of copies and fostered the creation of some of the most popular sites on the Web.
- Today I'm applying my skills in an effort to improve science education with the non-profit organization I founded, Science Buddies.
- Science Buddies
I founded this 501(c)3 nonprofit organization when I saw how much my daughter learned from her participation in science fairs. Science Buddies has created an innovative library of resources designed to enrich science education by encouraging greater participation in science fairs and providing the means to improve project quality.
tanford Continuing Studies Program
bout Ken and His
- Remarks to Software Forum Dinner Meeting, February 19, 1997
Ken's thoughts on building a company including a checklist of questions to ask before starting, new product criteria, and things he'd do differently the second time around. Ken also discussed Banner Blue's award winning web site.
- The Growth of Automotive Transportation
A case study of the growth of automotive transportation provides an
enlightening picture of how technological, social, and economic factors
interplay to change the environment in which we live. This essay argues
that temporary market saturation of the automobile contributed to the severity
of the Great Depression.
- Uncle Sam's Budget Balancer Home Page
Ken's Home Page for Uncle Sam's Budget Balancer and Eureka! California's Budget Balancer. These programs for DOS or Windows computers empower you to balance the government budget.
Last updated December 13, 2006
Please send comments to: inquire at KLHess.com