The MicroMBA: Entrepreneurial Business Management (BUS 13)
Stanford Continuing Studies Program
Spring Quarter 1998
Instructor: Kenneth L. Hess
ews and Announcements
- Excellent Paper #1
I've posted this paper by Gail McCarthy as an example of excellent work on the written assignment.
- Excellent Paper #2
I've posted this paper by Ulrika Linnér as an example of excellent work on the written assignment.
- May 25, 1998, News
Answers to some questions about the written assignment.
- May 15, 1998, News
Some reflections on the Intel case and a reminder on the written assignment.
ntroduction and Course Administration
lass Notes and Assignments
- Notes to Accompany Lecture, May 7, 1998
Definitions of Strategy, Core Competence, Price/Feature Matrix
- Tests of Consistency Among the Components of a Strategy
A checklist of tests to review a business strategy for consistency.
- Preparing the Intel Case for Discussion, May 14, 1998
- Notes to Accompany Lecture, May 14, 1998
Newness Map, Opportunity Cost vs. Development Risk Map, Product Life Cycle, "Crossing the Chasm", Market Research Tools
- Preparing the Scott Cook/Intuit Case for Discussion, May 21, 1998
- Notes to Accompany Lecture, May 21, 1998
The Project Time Horizon, Development Models, and Key Project Documents & Milestones
- Preparing the Living on Internet Time Case for Discussion or Written Assignment, May 28, 1998
- Notes to Accompany Lecture, May 28, 1998
The Marketing Mix, Basic Quantitative Analysis, Distribution Policy, Sales Strategy, the Service-Profit Chain, Media Selection
- Samples of Some Key Project Documents
Product Objectives, Product Requirements Document, External Product Specification, Internal Product Specification
- Preparing the Bill Gates/Microsoft Case for Discussion, June 4, 1998
upplementary Reading List
Classmate Susy Struble suggests this site for those wanting to learn more about psychographics.
Last revised 6/4/98